Welcome back! :D Sorry that you have to re-register! :cry:

We've decided to go with a simple phpBB forum for the sake of ease of communication between the community members.
Many of us are busy with day-to-day real life issues and I felt that it was important we stay connected to some degree.

2 admin related issues I wanted to point out:

1. If you don't like the Toxin green colour, there is an option for a "dark blue" (It's available in the User Control Panel. Follow the link: http://toxingamers.com/ucp.php?i=179
  2. If you are a part of the Toxin community/clan, you can request to be added to the user group so as to have more rights and access to the private forums

Page to Screen: Behind the Scenes of The Expanse

Share videos, stories, informative media. Anything that brings enlightenment, knowledge or emotion.
NazTheEternal
Site Admin

Page to Screen: Behind the Scenes of The Expanse

Postby NazTheEternal » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:32 pm

POSSIBLE MINOR SPOILER ALERTS IN CLIPS

Curious about the process of adapting a book series for television? Book Riot has an exclusive video from Syfy detailing the process. With appearances from James S. A. Corey and the cast and screenwriters of the television series, it's a great feature that will get you pumped for The Expanse and thinking about squeezing in a reread of the books before the premiere.

But you'll want to start rereading Leviathan Wakes today, as the big day will be here before you know it. Seriously, it's right around the corner! Starting on November 23rd you'll be able to watch episodes 1 & 2 via Syfy On Demand, Syfy.com, the Syfy Now App, Hulu, Amazon, Google Play, Vudu, iTunes, Playstation, Xbox, Facebook and YouTube in advance of the cable premiere.

In case you missed some of the previous backstage videos, you can watch them all at Syfy.com. We really recommend checking out "Worlds of the Future." It's got some great footage from the sets you'll see in the show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jX72phGGmc

Sonofnoob

Re: Page to Screen: Behind the Scenes of The Expanse

Postby Sonofnoob » Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:21 pm

btw im on book 4: Cibola Burn now and i'm very happy i cant wait to watch this
NazTheEternal
Site Admin

Postby NazTheEternal » Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:46 am

Sonofnoob wrote:btw im on book 4: Cibola Burn now and i'm very happy i cant wait to watch this

My fiancee is finding book 3 to be a bit of a drag. What did you think of it?
Sonofnoob

Postby Sonofnoob » Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:03 am

i thought it was a bit much with the whole back to back mutiny thing going on. Also, I didnt really feel for the new characters that are introduced the same way i did in books 1, and 2. But it ended well, so far it is my least favorite of the first three. i'm exited to see what happens now that the gates are open, should be fun. i think regardless of the plot i'll love it cause i really like the main characters and they really need to bring Chrisjen Avasarala back as a main character. i can see why she was brought in earlier in the show than in the books.
NazTheEternal
Site Admin

Postby NazTheEternal » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:24 pm

Gosh I love her character, she is like the Tyrion of The Expanse. The wit and fiery responses, absolutely love it.

Make sure you pick up book 5, I like it a lot better than 3 & maybe even 4.

Return to “Entertainment & Education”