Welcome back! :D Sorry that you have to re-register! :cry:

We've decided to go with a simple phpBB forum for the sake of ease of communication between the community members.
Many of us are busy with day-to-day real life issues and I felt that it was important we stay connected to some degree.

2 admin related issues I wanted to point out:

1. If you don't like the Toxin green colour, there is an option for a "dark blue" (It's available in the User Control Panel. Follow the link: http://toxingamers.com/ucp.php?i=179
  2. If you are a part of the Toxin community/clan, you can request to be added to the user group so as to have more rights and access to the private forums

Squad

The public general discussion forum.
iburnmycd
Site Admin

Squad

Postby iburnmycd » Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:21 am

I paid on a Kickstarter Campaign a while back for Squad -- reminded me of Project Reality a bit...

http://joinsquad.com/

Here's a free Steam key for the first one that finds this post, wants it, and uses it.

AXX44-DDDWR-5R7DR

NazTheEternal
Site Admin

Re: Squad

Postby NazTheEternal » Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:00 pm

I would use it, but I'm probably not going to get much time to play..
Dogface

Postby Dogface » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:44 pm

SQUAD had a free weekend last week. I played SQUAD for 15 minutes or so. There is a learning curve, as with any game, but I did not want to invest huge amounts of time on a game I didnt own. So

They are going for the genre between ARMA and BF4/COD, something like BF2 used to be. To get there they need squad tools and set objectives. I didnt see set objectives, like capture the flag. And the engagement range is very long.
MikeyTwoGuns

Postby MikeyTwoGuns » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:01 pm

I played Squad a few days after the free weekend ended. Lots of new people must have picked it up because the only thing I really noticed is that no one can aim. If you play a map without vehicles it's like shooting fish in a barrel, everyone was so bad.

I played it for a few hours, it's definitely an interesting game. I like their blend of simulation type games and something that's more playable. The maps I played were pretty terrible, though, so I can really speak to the quality on that end. If I have some more time to put into the game I'll try to check out more of them. The ones I played all had set objectives though, and the Squad tools are fairly robust already.

Return to “General Disscussion”