Welcome back! :D Sorry that you have to re-register! :cry:

We've decided to go with a simple phpBB forum for the sake of ease of communication between the community members.
Many of us are busy with day-to-day real life issues and I felt that it was important we stay connected to some degree.

2 admin related issues I wanted to point out:

1. If you don't like the Toxin green colour, there is an option for a "dark blue" (It's available in the User Control Panel. Follow the link: http://toxingamers.com/ucp.php?i=179
  2. If you are a part of the Toxin community/clan, you can request to be added to the user group so as to have more rights and access to the private forums

Skill Balance in Flight-Sim Games

Dogface

Skill Balance in Flight-Sim Games

Postby Dogface » Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:16 pm

In the Youtube linked below, Jingles explains what he thinks is killing World of Warplanes, namely Skill Balance. It is a balance issue which affects Star Citizen as well. Space-to-space combat is basically the same as air-to-air combat, only harder, so requiring more skill. Jingles suggests that the solution for WoWP is skill based matchmaking, which would be very hard to do in the SC "persistent universe", where the player decides where he wants to go.

I played Arena Commander a little when it first came out, but lost interest. I am good with a flight sim, but probably barely average in a combat flight sim. Have any of you been playing AC? Are any of us any good at it? Has anybody played WoWPs?

https://youtu.be/NCayjiwqndk?t=32m20s

PS: There is a GREAT congressional metal of honor story after the WoWP stuff.
Happy Holidays!Happy New Year!

Sonofnoob

Re: Skill Balance in Flight-Sim Games

Postby Sonofnoob » Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:18 am

ya im i just got in the PTU last week i hoped in a few time and tried to highjack a connie and also had my Avenger highjacked lol
Sonofnoob

Re: Skill Balance in Flight-Sim Games

Postby Sonofnoob » Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:20 am

actually i just got done playing in the PTU with Cracker. he has a Connie we fly around died a few times and i even got an fps KILL!
If anyone wants to play we are going to play again on Friday night.

Return to “RSI: Star Citizen”